Family Culture

 On today's blog I want to talk about culture and what culture means, so what exactly is culture? Culture from what I know can be defined as customs or traditions of people. So, have you ever asked yourself what culture you are creating within your family? 

With culture and what I have learned, culture can establish your identity, if culture can establish your identity, what can creating or establishing a family culture do? Okay, but first let us talk about the how, meaning how can we create family culture? 

Creating family culture can including many things, in an article I read on Ahaparenting.com gives eight reasons on how to create family culture but I only want to talk about a few. The first way talks about creating an identity for the family or in other words what your family can be known for, The second reason is eating dinner together and talking a to another, the third reason talks about using every excuse to celebrate and party with each other so for example if you or one of your family members passes a test or receives an award then use that as an excuse to party and have fun, now the last way I want to talk about is enjoying each other’s company or enjoying things we don’t normally like but we do it anyway because we want to enjoys each other’s company. So, with that said it can create a family bond that can potentially grow. 

Those few ways of creating family culture are usable and can help when creating our own family cultures but how can ensure that the family culture you create with you children, or your significant other continue down the generations? In an article I read it talks about it that, children and adults are molded by the family culture they are born in to.

In the article it talks about how parents or other family members engrave that family culture in our heads rather it’s a specific way we talk or do things it becomes part of who we are, I personally think because we grew up in that specific way it is sort of implemented into brains to the point where we do it without realizing we were doing it, and that happens because this family culture or traditions we have became part of our daily routine, it became a habit.

 Family culture within my family was a normal, I come from a Hispanic background and with that comes different traditions and family cultures for example one that I know I want to keep within my little family is always letting your family members or significant other know when you were leaving and hugging and kissing good bye, another one is getting together as a family with extended family and celebrating the little things, those little things were things that I grew up knowing those things there was not a time my parents didn’t let us know where they were going and it was the same the other way around and as for celebrating with extended family, we were always hanging out with my aunts and uncles and because that was something that constant, it is something that is woven in me and will always be woven me. I know I want that within my own family culture. If I start now and make it part of my routine, it will stick.

So, if you or your family members want to create a family culture that you want to keep generations after generation, start now by making it part of you routine or a flat-out it habit, making sure not a day goes by without implementing it within your own family 


these are websites:

https://cof.org/content/effects-family-culture-family-foundations

https://www.ahaparenting.com/read/family-culture-belonging#:~:text=Develop%20family%20rituals.,Traditions%20for%20kids%20and%20families).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are The Levels of Intimacy and Why are They Important in a Marriage?

Family Rules, Traditions, and Customs

Parenting Styles