What is Marriage like within a Year?

On today’s blog we going to talk about what marriage is like within the first month and year.

We all have expectations or ideas of what marriage would be like because of movies or Tv shows but in all reality, marriage almost always is not what is shown to us in movies or in Tv shows.

Marriage within the first month can be a beautiful thing, but it can also be hard thing, because of the things you will have to learn to do within that first month and sometimes It can be a lot not only are you changing your whole routine but your normal will not be the normal you are used to but you will have an all new normal because that routine has added a new person.

At times it can be hard because of new changes like changing your name, living with someone new, getting to learn what their individual habits are, what things they prefer and having to share a room with them, and you have to learn how to make decisions together

Marriage can sometimes feel like everything is happening all at once especially within that first month because you are making all these decisions and learning how to do it together in process and in general I think that’s what marriage is about learn as you go but sometime that is not always the case, I admit for me it was a little weird living with someone I knew because even though I knew him I was not sure exactly what to expect and I am sure it was the same for him, I had to learn all these things about and to this day I am still learn as we go, my routine was not my routine anymore I had to learn how to compromise as did he, but it felt like so much change was happening all at one because: I moved away from home to place I did not know, finding a job was hard, and realizing that It was not just me but it was my spouse and I now.

Now let’s talk about the first year of marriage that can also be hard to handle at time because you have to worry about finance having to combine them which can be massive change, and to be honest talking about money can be a bit hard because you and your spouse can be on different pages about it.

But that first year of marriage can also include and be a time where you learn more about each other, learn how you can divide up chores, work on handling conflict, setting boundaries, and manage expectation. You can come to understand one another, I have been marriage for 6 months and we talk about it all it has been full of ups and downs and a couple of rough patches but all in all it has been good, when I say we talk about it all I mean all.

I know it has not been full year, but we have talked about everything and some conversations are on hold until that time comes that we need to discuss it but as of right now we have talked about what needs to be talked about and in reality marriage is about compromise it is not what I want or what he wants but what we want as a couple not singular because face it it’s a team work type of thing it is not 50/50 it is more like 100/100 each putting effort.

Marriage can be a beautiful thing when effort is put into it and yeah sometimes it stressful but when you are committed to that one person and are willing to compromise it can be such a beautiful thing.

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are The Levels of Intimacy and Why are They Important in a Marriage?

Family Rules, Traditions, and Customs

Parenting Styles